English Permier League is one of the most popular leagues in the whole world. It is the most watched sports league, broadcast in 212 places to 643 million homes and a potential TV audience of 4.7 billion people. For the 2018-2019 season average match attendance was at 38,181, while aggregated attendance across all matches is the highest of any league at 14,508,981.
Are you a fan of English Premier League? If the answer to the question is yes, let’s see how well you know about this competition by answering this English Premier League quiz.
1. Which club was the first to score 1,000 goals in the English Premier League?
a. Manchester United
b. Tottenham Hotspur
2. What is the main component of the body of the English Premier League trophy?
d. Sterling silver
3. Which of these players was the first to score 260 goals in the English Premier League?
a. Teddy Sheringham
b. Alan Shearer
c. Les Ferdinand
d. Andy Cole
4. Which stadium had the largest capacity in the mid-2000s?
a. Villa Park
c. Stadium of Light
d. The Emirates Stadium
5. Why is Sunderland called the Black Cats?
a. The old stadium of the club, Roker Park, was located beside the animal shelter
b. The club has had such a bad luck with the former owner bestowed the moniker upon them
c. A black cat ran across the pitch in the game, the club won and the nickname was attached
d. Supporters of the club voted for it in a poll when it moved to the Stadium of Light
6. The last game of Alex Ferguson in charge of Manchester United was the first English Premier League game to finish 5-5. Who did they play?
a. West Bromwich Albion
b. West Ham United
d. Birmingham City
7. As of 20-15-2016 season, how many Australian players have played in the English Premier League?
8. Which manager that has been promoted to the English Premier League a record four times?
a. Mark Hughes
b. Tony Pulis
c. Sean Dyche
d. Steve Bruce
9. Who was first signing of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea?
a. Peter Cech
b. Arjen Robben
c. Paulo Ferreira
d. Didier Drogba
10. Which of these following former English Premier League clubs is the odd one out?
a. Swindon Town
d. Sheffield United
11. Which two players were the only two to have scored in each and every one of the first 16 English Premier League seasons (1992-1993 to 2007-2008?
a. Ryan Giggs and Gary Speed
b. Gary Speed and Frank Lampard
c. Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard
d. Steven Gerrard and Ryan Giggs
12. Is there an English Premier League for women?
13. What is the nationality of Javier Mascherano?
14. How many times Mark Bosnich played in Chealsea?
15. Who is the first scorer of English Premier League?
a. Ian Wright
b. Brian Deane
c. Andy Cole
d. Micky Quinn