Lunar eclipse is one of the nature phenomenons occurred once in a long period of time. When it occurs, everything looks different compared to the normal thing. The main reason of this one is the change of the order of the sun, moon, and earth. In fact, most of people find this kind of phenomenon beautiful and would like to do anything just to get the best best experience of the lunar eclipse.
As stated before, a lot of people wait for the rare thing called lunar eclipse, especially the observers and the ones who love astronomy. Some people even travel to a place where the lunar eclipse can be seen the best and observe the phenomenon there. Are you also want to try the same and cannot wait for the next lunar eclipse to happen? In order to kill your time on waiting the lunar eclipse to occur, what about taking this lunar eclipse quiz provided by Bing?
1. What is the correct order during the total lunar eclipse?
a. Sun, earth, moon
b. Sun, moon, earth
c. Earth, sun, moon
2. How long is the lunar eclipse?
a. Shorter than a solar eclipse
b. Longer than a solar eclipse
c. Almost the same as a solar eclipse
3. Which of these following is true regarding the penumbra lunar eclipse?
a. Earth will be covered by the penumbra shadow of the moon
b. Moon appears in red color
c. Moon shows no noticeable change in brightness
4. What the observer on the moon would see during the total lunar eclipse?
a. Brightly illuminated ring of the atmosphere of the earth
b. Photosphere of the sun
c. Total darkness
5. What makes the lunar eclipse happen?
a. Earth passes through the moon’s shadow
b. Moon passes through the earth’s shadow
c. Moon passes through the sun’s shadow
6. What is the maximum number of lunar eclipse that is able to occur during the calendar year?
7. How long may lunar eclipse last?
a. Several seconds
b. Several minutes
c. Several hours
d. Several days
8. During the total lunar eclipse, what color does the moon appear to be?
9. During which moon the phase might a lunar eclipse be viewed on earth?
a. New moon
b. Full moon
c. First quarter
d. Last quarter
10. Is the shadow of the earth the cause of a lunar eclipse?
11. What is cause of the red color visible during the lunar eclipse?
a. Dust in space
b. Dust in the atmosphere of earth
c. Dust in the atmosphere of moon
12. What is the name of the closest start to the earth?
c. Solar system
13. Is the word “lunar” means sun?
Do not hesitate to take another lunar eclipse quiz to test your knowledge of lunar eclipse. This way may be more fun to take instead of reading the theory about this phenomenon.